Sync '07 Multimedia Art Festival-- Call for electronic/digital musicians, VJ's, artists, filmmakers, etc...

Sync '07 Multimedia Art Festival-- Call for electronic/digital musicians, VJ's, artists, filmmakers, etc...

Jason Engling
It is that time of year again.  Sync '07 (www.sync07.com
<http://www.sync07.com>) is scheduled to occur March 9th - 11th
(Performance Dates) with a Gallery Space setup from March 5th to the
19th for gallery or installation art)  and will feature live electronic
and electro-acoustic performances, digital art workshops, and a generous
helping of great digital gallery and installation-based art.  If you are
an electronic musician, artist, digital video maker, etc. with an
interest in performing, showcasing, your work or teaching a workshop,
then we are looking to hear from you ASAP.

What is Sync '07? (www.sync07.com <http://www.sync07.com>)
Sync '07 is a Multimedia Art festival that will occur in the Duderstadt
Center Video Studio and Gallery at the University of Michigan - Ann
Arbor from March 9th to the 11th (Performance Dates), with a gallery
space setup for longer, from March 5th to the 19th.

So what exactly will be happening at Sync '07?
Hey, we're flexible, if you do good work, then we can give it a home.
We do have a rough idea of what is going to happen though and it is
something like this:

- Live electronic and electro-acoustic performances featuring local and
regional musicians/composers/and artists.  We are still interested in
finding some more artists to populate this part of Sync '07, and you
could be one of them.  If you perform music (of any kind) that utilizes
or features digital technology then send us an email telling us what you
do, maybe with a link to some of your work (if it is on the web, if not,
we can work something else out).  We already have a few artists lined
up, but are looking for some more.

- As a part of the festival, we help connect musicians and live video
artists to facilitate a performative multimedia experience.  If you are
a VJ or  DJ in any style, please contact us and we can start talking
about how you can be involved.  This is a good opportunity to meet other
artists like you, and get your work seen and heard by many people.

- Gallery and installation-based digital art.  In the Duderstadt Center
Gallery we will be showcasing the work of digital artists.  If you are a
visual or installation-based digital artist who is interested in having
your work in the show, please contact Dave Holtek:
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> for more
information. (in other words, anything not performative, but if you do
something clever that breaks that rule, let us know)

- Workshops: We are hoping that we will get some people who are
interested in teaching a workshop or two on digital art creation, of a
musical or visual variety.  Topics could be along the lines of:
-- Improvising electronic music with Ableton Live
-- VJing with Max/MSP/Jitter, or any other VJ software or hardware
-- Physical Interaction Design for Electronic Music
-- Music Production with Reason, Logic, or Ableton Live
-- Circuit Bending
-- Repurposing Junk hardware for creative purposes
-- etc.

If anyone is interested in any of that, just send an email my way.  At
this point we are on our way in the planning stages but are looking to
fill in a few holes.  There is no money involved, so don't bother
asking.  This is an "art for art's sake endeavor," but the show will be
well documented with Multichannel Audio and MultiCamera video, so if you
want to make a DVD of your work, that is more than possible.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best,
Robert Lester
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Co-Curator Sync '07

P.S. - A digital copy (or documentation) of a work will really help us
out when we consider it for its potential involvement in Sync '07.

.........dorkbot: people doing strange things with electricity..........