Save the Date(s): Dorky Holiday Parties!

Save the Date(s): Dorky Holiday Parties!

-dustin younse-

Dorks and Dorkettes!

We are coming up on our December event and wanted to let you know a little bit about it.

But first!

Next week, on Tuesday, December 11th from 7-9pm, we will be hanging out with the rest of the Austin Web community at the Refresh Austin Web Bash at Buffalo Billiards, downtown. Full details are available at http://www.refreshaustin.org/bash/. This an annual event where the web and general tech community of Austin gets together to have a drink, mingle, and help contribute to the Captial Area Food Bank. RSVP is requested, but not required, but I would recommend arriving on time, as last year they were at capacity by about 8p. It's a great time for all dorky types and we'd love to see you there.

Now, about our event!

Monday, December 17th at our lovely new home The ND, we will have a Celebration of Lights! We have a couple of excellent presenters in mind, but as always would love it if anyone in the community has something they want to show off. We are planning to keep the presentations a bit shorter so there is more time for general holiday festivities afterward, so come prepared to mingle! More info soon!

A final note: it was brought to our attention that The ND staff didn't fully understand that we are, and always will be, an all ages event.  We confirmed with management, and there are zero problems with any minors attending our events in the venue.  You may be carded, but just let them know you are a minor and they will mark your hand in the traditional, all-ages fashion.

Ever your overlord,

-dustin younse-

.........dorkbot: people doing strange things with electricity..........